Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Hate Diminished Me

Victims' family members were among those participating yesterday in the protests throughout the state of Texas against the 200th execution under Governor Perry. The Texas Moratorium Network has a video clip of Dr. Jerry Williams, brother of a murder victim, speaking at the Huntsville protest.

The Moratorium Network says:

Williams' sister was brutally murdered and her killer only spent 15 years in prison. His remarks at the 200th execution protest was the first time he has spoken publicly about the murder of his sister. He explains why he doesn't believe in execution. "I hated him. I wanted to see him die. I wanted to see him suffer in prison. And I thought justice would be done only in the way, but what I realized over time was that my hate really diminished me. It damaged me and did nothing for him."

No comments: