Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring/Summer Newsletter!

“Every day I went home and I think I grieved a little more,” Yolanda remembers. “When Greg was released, that was when I really grieved. I was happy for him and for his family, because it was terrible that he spent almost 17 years in prison for a murder he didn’t commit.


"However, on my drive home, I was thinking, now I don’t know who killed my sister. It felt like I was reliving the day over 18 years ago when the phone call came telling me my sister was dead. For all these years, this is the person the state of North Carolina told me had done it, and now we’re here and we’ve got nothing.”


Check out our Spring/Summer newsletter, with its special feature, "After Exoneration: The Effect on Victims' Families," and reports about MVFHR's Seminar for new victims' family member activists, work in Asia, members' trip to Africa, and other news and updates about victim opposition to the death penalty in the U.S. and around the world.

No comments: