Thursday, December 13, 2007

New Jersey Votes for Repeal!

The news is everywhere, but "For Victims, Against the Death Penalty" can't resist making note of today's historic vote repealing New Jersey's death penalty. We add our voices to the chorus of those congratulating everyone who worked so hard for this.

We've noted in previous posts how important victims' voices have been to this effort. I was interested to see Capital Defense Weekly's response to NYU Law Professor Robert Blecker, who had urged New Jersey to "remember the victims" and vote to keep the death penalty.

1 comment:

Sarah Siegel said...

I am proud to be a New Jerseyan. It was in the news here in India, too, where I'm completing the final days of a six-month assignment for work, and I felt so good to be from a progressive state. It made me even more homesick, and excited for my return.