Monday, February 25, 2008

You Start to See Things Differently

We've added another new page to our online Gallery of Victims' Stories: Robert Curley, whose 10-year-old son Jeffrey was murdered in Massachusetts in 1997. Bob Curley is an example of a victim's family member who initially supported the death penalty and then changed his mind.

Here's an excerpt from his gallery page: “When Jeffrey was murdered, I wanted the men who killed him dead. I led the fight to reinstate the death penalty in Massachusetts in 1997. But time passes, and you start to see things differently. I started to see that there were people like me who had suffered the same loss that I had who were opposed to the death penalty, and it kind of made me take a step back and take a look at the death penalty itself. I learned more about the death penalty and some of the problems with it, and I changed my mind.”

No comments: