Monday, January 28, 2008

Eating Me Up Inside

We've added another Tennessee member to our Gallery of Victims' Stories: Shane Truett, whose brother Timothy was murdered in 1992. Shane, an attorney, works with the Tennessee Justice Project, a nonprofit organization devoted to criminal justice reform with a specific emphasis on death penalty issues.

In an op-ed piece in the Tennessean this past May, Shane wrote, "I have struggled for years with my feelings on capital punishment. All the hatred and anger I felt as a result of my brother's murder was eating me up inside. Eventually, I found out my brother's murderer had died in prison. His death didn't make me feel any better, as I once thought it would. I realized that there are some wrongs that just can't be made right again."

No comments: